I have just conducted an inspection on a duplex. The inspector found some issues with the electrical and some asbestos. It appears that the electrical for the common space is not metered, possibly “stealing” electricity from the city per the inspector. Asbestos appears to be some leftover when they had installed some duct work.
The seller will not fix these things as they say that for the electrical issues, the L&I has passed as well as inspection with the local power company. As for the asbestos, it has passed the safety required by PHA as some of the tenants are section 8.
The comps are good for this house but i dont want to accidentally take on an unwanted issue. What are the right questions to be asking? Is the sellers logic acceptable?