At NerdWallet, we strive to help you make financial decisions with confidence. To do this, many or all of the products featured here are from our partners. However, this doesn’t influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
Two Marriott credit cards are raising their sign-up bonuses to attract new applicants who are willing to spend more to get them.
Beginning on Jan. 13, 2020, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is again hiking its offer to new cardholders: Earn 100,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months.
Previously, you could earn 75,000 points after spending $3,000 in three months. The card featured the same limited-time offer last fall.
On the same day, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card is also getting a higher sign-up bonus: Earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
Previously, you could earn 30,000 points after spending $1,000 in three months.
While the value of points may vary based on what you redeem them for, NerdWallet values Marriott Bonvoy points at an average of 0.8 cent apiece when used for hotel stays. That means the new bonus on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card, for example, becomes $200 more valuable.
Other features of the cards remain the same. Briefly:
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
Cardholders earn 6 points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, as well as 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else. You can redeem points for hotel stays, airfare, rental cars, travel packages or gift cards (some redemptions allow you to pay with a combination of points and cash). The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card includes additional benefits for the Bonvoy-loyal, which are not changing:
- Earn a Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Attain automatic Silver Elite status, which grants perks like a 10% point bonus when you book hotel stays, late checkout when available, free Wi-Fi and exclusive member rates.
- Earn 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year, which accelerates the path toward Gold Elite status.
The annual fee remains $95.
Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card
The annual fee is $0.
- 3 points per dollar spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 2 points per dollar spent on other travel purchases (such as airfare, taxis and trains).
- 1 point per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year, which qualifies you for Silver Elite status.